navigate  
  Home
Contact Us
Store
Library
Forums

Forums

Forums » Tutorials » What do the users want to see? Messages in this topic - RSS
|
19.12.2004 09:11:03
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

Hello All:

We have been getting a lot of e-mails for more tutorials, However no one is asking for what they want to see. Can you list in this forum what type of tutorials you would like to see on our site?

Kenneth Harris
CKDexpert.com

12.01.2005 08:58:51
Jim Baker
Jim Baker
Posts 2
I would like to see NC tutorials although I suspect there are none available.

--

Jim Baker

Senior Designer

Grenville Castings Ltd.

Perth, Ontario, Canada

12.01.2005 10:05:44
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

Jim,

This is a good subject However I am Just wondering how many KeyCreator users are using the NC product.

I used the Acu-Carve product for Cadkey a long time ago and from what I have seen from the Beta cycle that it looks very close to that.
Have you used the Acu-Carve product?
They don't sell it any more I just wished the updated it instead of rewriting the whole thing. Acu-Carve had lathe, wire edm, and milling capabilities and the current NC only has mill.

Just for a Question:
How many users are using the NC part of KeyCreator?

CKDExpert

12.01.2005 10:47:07
Jim Baker
Jim Baker
Posts 2
I have not seen Accu Carve. I suspect you are correct. From the response that I have seen on the forum it doesn't seem like many people use KeyCreator NC.

--

Jim Baker

Senior Designer

Grenville Castings Ltd.

Perth, Ontario, Canada

12.01.2005 11:09:59
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

The reason I ask is that I think that I have some tutorials for the Acu-Carve System.
However they look like KeyCreator NC but are for Cadkey 98 and 19.
We are Working out some details for about 103 Tutorial of the KeyCreator Line and we may be able to add some NC stuff to that as well.

I will keep you all Posted on this. It should be posted in the next couple of weeks.

CKDExpert

17.01.2005 15:35:13
Dennis Nenadov
Dennis Nenadov
Posts 14

I would like to see tutorials on surfacing and solids modeling. I've been both a Cadkey and Mastercam user for some time, but I've mainly used Mastercam for surfacing. I would like to become more familiar with surfaces in KeyCreator.

Also, I'd like to see tutorials on using assemblies in solids modeling.

Dennis N

p.s. Are you working on making this website compatible with Netscape (Mozilla, FireFox)? I try to use Internet Explorer as little as possible

17.01.2005 15:41:56
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

Dennis,

What types of problems are you having with Netscape?
I thought we fixed the problems with it, No one else has complained lately.

Ken Harris

17.01.2005 16:20:46
Dennis Nenadov
Dennis Nenadov
Posts 14

Ken,

I am using Firefox (Netscape and Mozilla are basically the same thing) right now, and when I try to add a reply, I am unable to change the font color or background color. So when the preview comes up, I cannot see the text of my post.

Dennis

17.01.2005 17:23:19
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

Dennis,

I now see the problem!
This is a FORUM problem and not a SITE problem right?
Do you have problems with other pages in our site or just the Forum?

Unfortunately the problem is in the forum software and not controlled by us, However I will pass this information on to the programmer of the forum software.

Sorry that I can not fix this problem at this time.

Ken Harris

18.01.2005 05:18:47
Dennis Nenadov
Dennis Nenadov
Posts 14

Ken,

Yes, the only problem I am having is on the Forum.

Dennis

19.01.2005 20:22:29
Dennis Nenadov
Dennis Nenadov
Posts 14

I'd also like to see tutorials on sheetmetal unfolding.

Dennis

29.01.2005 16:51:26
fk450
fk450
Posts 1

Hello ..

my name is fadi and i am new to this forum. i have been using CADKEY 99 heavily since 2000 but i skipped to CK3 in april and now to CK4 to design plastics blottles,  plastic parts, non plastic products ,mechanical systems & injection molds .i'd love to see tutorials (techniques) on the following:

1. blending techniques (especially the thumbed blends)

2. lofting solids

3. using assembly features

4. using MCU

thanks a lot and i'd appreciate any efforts  

24.02.2005 07:42:05
Ken LeMay
Ken LeMay
Posts 9

I would like to see a tutorial on creating kxl's. Like the basic steps involved,some simple sample kxl's disected, what to look out for, what is possible with a kxl etc.

Thanks,

Ken

--
31.05.2005 21:49:39
scngneer
scngneer
Posts 1

I was once a daily user of Cadkey 6 and  Cadkey 7.  I changed jobs and have not used CK for about 8 years.  I recently picked up a copy of Cadkey for Windows.  I popped open CK hoping to find a basic tutorial to knock the rust off of my skills.  No luck.  I remember CK6 having a really good tutorial to create a 3D part and then dimension the part on a printable drawing.  Does anybody have such a tutorial for CK for Windows?

Help!

scngneer

01.06.2005 09:05:44
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

scngneer,

I see that you have not visited our Tutorials page yet!
There you will find more than a the simple tutorial, However they are not free.

If you are switching form the old version 7 to KeyCreator a lot of things have changed mybe you should buy the full CD Set!

It will help you out in a big way!

18.08.2005 11:49:44
Jeff Tucker
Jeff Tucker
Posts 2
I have a great interest in finding out if any of the acu-carv product machining modules will interface with Keycreator.

I still use acucarv on a regular basis, and if anyone has any input on it, or wishes to hear my input i'd be greatfull.
18.08.2005 11:57:12
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

Jeff,

I am pretty Sure that Acu-Carv is no longer producing there product.
If you have other information Then I would like to hear it!
I believe they stopped making Acu-Carv at version 19!

I too used there product a lot and sure miss it!

Ken Harris
CKDExpert

18.08.2005 13:43:39
Jeff Tucker
Jeff Tucker
Posts 2
I kinda figured that 19 was the last place acucarv left off. It's a shame though. Iv'e yet to see a cam package rough like acucarv does.

It's worth mentioning that we use acucarv as often as posible. Our modules are still the old dos versions. (anyone remember dos?...)

On another note; I have just installed Keycreator 4.5, and have been knocking it around a bit. I still use fastsurf extensively, and was wondering if my old cde would work inside Keycreator 4.5. Flipping normals of individual surfaces is essentail to the way i machine. On a quick go through, i was unable to find (easily) how to verify and flip normals on individual surfaces. Is it posible?

Thanks for your quick reply.

Jeff Tucker
18.08.2005 15:17:31
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

The fastsurf is now part of Keycreator so you wont have to load it or convert it!

Surface U/V Directions
This function can be used to quickly display the U, V, and Normal directions of any given surface.

HINT: A normal is a vector perpendicular to a surface. When dealing with a solid, the normal always points out of the material.

Using the Function:
1 Select Surface U/V Directions from the Tools>Verify submenu.
2 Select the surface to verify. A gnomon will appear on the surface indicating the U, V, and normal directions for that surface.

And to Change the Normals you do this:
Go to Edit>Entities> Modify Normals

13.07.2007 01:48:21
BobBoice
BobBoice
Posts 1

I would like to see some more complex freeform and solid lofting using all the different options so we can figure out how to use this beast. The help in the program is not much help. Who ever builds stuff like their examples?

pages: 1 2
|

Forums » Tutorials » What do the users want to see?