navigate  
  Home
Contact Us
Store
Library
Forums

Forums

Forums » Technical » CAD KEY 19 on Windows XP/Domain Workstation Messages in this topic - RSS
|
27.08.2007 15:59:25
techAdmin
techAdmin
Posts 2

Hey there--
We have CADKEY19 running on an XP box that is on our domain.  It appears that only the administrator can successfully run the application. Full control has been given to the user account under the Cadkey Registry key as well as the applicaiton folder on the drive. No success. 

Does anyone know the workaround to this problem?

Unfortunately, upgrading to KeyCreator at this time is not an option.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly.

28.08.2007 06:17:20
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

TechAdmin,
Have you assigned the network users the Admin rights to the local machine?
they dont have to have network Admin rights but they are required to have local admin right the the PC. This is differant then folder control rights.

Some times the network user doesnt even have a account on the local machine, If there is no account then create one and grant then local admin rights if they do have a user on that pc then just change the access to local admin rights.

That should fix you up.

30.08.2007 08:06:20
techAdmin
techAdmin
Posts 2

Thanks so much for the reply.

Yes they do have accounts (at the domain level) and yes, when placed in the local admin or power user group the application functions properly.

However, I'd rather not grant these permissions and was wondering if there were any known registry hacks? I granted full permissions to the ck19 reg keys, but this did not work. I get the ckwin splash screen, but that's it.

Thanks again..........

pages: 1
|

Forums » Technical » CAD KEY 19 on Windows XP/Domain Workstation